How do you ensure you get Google AdSense approval the first time you apply? What do you need to know about the process and what to do if you are not accepted to the program?
Google AdSense is one of the most popular ways to make money online because it’s very easy to use, managed directly by Google, and works.
Things to Know Before Applying For An Adsense Account
Before even applying for an AdSense account, there are a few things you should know:
- Understand how Adsense works and also read Adsense policies.
- Ensure you have a content-rich website that adheres to AdSense policies. The website should not have been used previously for Adsense approval.
- Make sure that your domain is at least a couple of months old. If you are applying for an AdSense account from the Middle East, China, India, or Pakistan, you may need a domain at least 6 months old.
- Apply for AdSense after your website receives at least 100 unique visitors daily. Rules have become stricter, and it may not be easy to get accepted if you don’t have a decent amount of traffic.
- You need a Google account (Gmail) to use with Adsense. No need to create a new account if you already have one.
- You are allowed to have only one personal AdSense account. If your account is suspended, you cannot create a new one.
- You cannot apply if you are not at least 18 years old.
How to Get Google AdSense Approval
The application is straightforward, and it is split up into two phases. The first is automatic, and the second may involve manual review.
Once you are certain that you meet ALL the above criteria, go to the Google AdSense homepage and apply for an account.
A few things you should know about the application process:
- The country you enter has to be your country of residence. Adsense will verify your address by sending you a confirmation code by mail.
- Once you enter a country, you cannot change it. If you have to change it because you changed your country of residence, you must close your existing account and create a new one.
- You can open a business account with a registered business with a valid registration number. There is no difference in functionality between the two in that the payments are paid to a company account, not a personal one.
- Once your account is created, you cannot change the account type (i.e., from personal to business and vice versa).
- You will get a reply (usually within 1 business day) with the status of your application.
They check at this stage, among other things, that you don’t already have an AdSense account and the validity of the information provided.
- The ads will show blank until you are fully approved.
- This website review process may take up to 1 week; during this time, AdSense specialists will also review the website to ensure it follows AdSense guidelines.
If everything goes well, you should see live ads on your website and receive a welcome email from Adsense.
If your application was not approved, you will also receive an email explaining why you were not approved.
What To Do If You Are Not Approved
If you are not approved, you should study carefully the email they have sent you explaining the reasons for not accepting you into the program.
You can then go to the AdSense forums and see what others have done that faced the same problems.
Reread the AdSense guidelines and create a list of what you need to correct, wait at least a couple of weeks, and apply again.
While there is no maximum number of attempts you can make to get accepted, don’t apply if you have not first taken corrective actions.
Remember that there is no way to contact the Adsense team directly and ask why your application was accepted besides the official AdSense forums.
Getting approved for an AdSense account is not difficult, provided that you meet the criteria explained above.
Adsense is a great way to make money, but always remember NOT to violate their guidelines for any reason.
Once you break the rules, you are out of the program once and for all.