Digital marketing services include activities that help promote a business digitally via different online marketing channels.
While in the past, it was possible to find success by concentrating on one particular channel (for example, SEO), this is no longer the case. To succeed in the competitive online space, you must take advantage of all available marketing channels.
To cover the increased demand from clients, the term full-service digital marketing agency was born. A full-service digital marketing agency offers a wide range of services to its clients, from SEO to paid campaign management and website development.
In this article, you’ll learn the most popular digital marketing services offered by agencies.
Digital Marketing Agency Services List
These are the most common services offered by a full-service digital marketing agency.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Facebook Ads Management
- Social Media Marketing Services
- Google Ads Management
- Content Marketing Services
- Link Building Services
- Email Marketing Services
- Conversion Optimization Services
- Website Development Services
- Digital Marketing Training Services
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
First on the list is search engine optimization. SEO is the most popular digital marketing service, and many digital marketing agencies start with SEO as their core offering.
The most popular SEO services offered by agencies are:
On-Page SEO: On-page SEO services include techniques to make your content friendlier to search engines and users. The focus is on everything visible to the user, like written and visual content.
Technical SEO: Technical SEO services deal with factors that are technical in nature, like page speed, canonical URLs, SSL, schemas, and other elements that help search engines understand the content of a website better.
Off-Page SEO: Off-page SEO services or link-building services, as they are widely known, deal with factors outside the boundaries of a website that can influence the ranking position of a website in the SERPS.
Local SEO: This type of service is most suited to local businesses. It deals with optimizing your website to appear in relevant local search results.
eCommerce SEO: A very prevalent arena nowadays, thanks to the boom in online shopping. It is the process of ensuring that your online shop is properly optimized for keywords with a buying intent.
Keyword Research: Some agencies offer keyword research as a stand-alone service. This is particularly useful for clients who don’t want the full package but need help finding the right keywords to use in their content.
SEO Audits: Another popular service related to SEO is an SEO Audit. With an SEO Audit, you can evaluate how well a website relates to SEO best practices.
For clients, hiring an agency to perform an SEO audit is a great way to evaluate the quality of their services before signing up for a monthly SEO package.
Resources to Learn More About SEO
2. Facebook Ads Management
Another popular internet marketing service is Facebook Ads Management.
Facebook and Instagram are both essential for a complete digital marketing strategy.
Some typical deliverables of Facebook Ads services include:
- Running paid campaigns on both Facebook and Instagram
- Curating content and creatives for your ads
- Optimizing performance / reducing ad costs
- Monthly reporting
- Setting up shopping ads using a product feed
- Running A/B tests to find out what campaign types, audiences, and ad types work best
If you are an aspiring digital marketing freelancer or agency, you too can become an expert in Facebook Ads and offer this as a service to your clients.
Resources to Learn More About Facebook Ads
3. Social Media Marketing Services
In the past decade, my interaction with clients has made me realize that for them, digital marketing services imply social media marketing.
Social media channels provide readymade communities and an active audience base which makes targeting and advertising very effective.
Some social media marketing aspects that have become an important part of digital agency services are:
- Copywriting and graphic design to make prevalent formatted content for different social media channels
- Creating a content calendar
- Crafting a social media marketing strategy
- Creating customer profiles and personas
- Social monitoring services to evaluate the current perception of the brand
- Implementing influencer marketing and brand collaboration strategies on social media
4. Google Ads Management
Google Ads is the platform to use to advertise your business digitally on Google. Digital marketing agencies offering services on Google Ads include:
- Setting up campaigns
- Experimenting with different ad formats
- Monitoring and optimizing campaign performance
- Reporting on campaign progress
- Setting up retargeting and shopping campaigns
- Creating audiences and customer profiles
Google Ads offers different types of advertising like display, search, discovery, shopping, video, and apps. Agency professionals also provide guidance on what type of ads work for your business.
If you’re planning to offer Google Ads management services to clients, you should definitely consider becoming a Google Ads Partner.
Google Ads partners are companies (or individuals) that satisfy the requirements of the Google Partner program.
By becoming a partner, you can access exclusive resources and support from Google Ads representatives.
It’s also a great way to show potential clients you have the in-house experience and expertise required to work with Google Ads.
5. Content Marketing Services
In an age where people are constantly consuming content in some form or another, content marketing is an essential marketing strategy.
The right content helps drive people to your website or app, leading to increased traffic and, consequently, other relevant metrics.
The key areas that content marketing services cover are:
- Content strategy: Creating a content marketing plan to satisfy the content needs of a business
- Content writing: Elements like blogs, articles, stories, e-books, and white papers
- Content distribution: Targeting relevant platforms to promote your content
- Mastery of SEO-based content and Keyword Research skills
- Campaign development for websites and social media channels
Resources to Learn More About Content Marketing
6. Link Building Services
Link building refers to the process of getting backlinks from other websites.
This service is usually provided by an SEO professional or a digital marketing agency where that engages in link-building activities for your website.
The digital marketing services list includes the following link-building strategies:
- Guest posting: Publishing content on other related websites with a link back to your website.
- Outreach: It involves reaching out to other potential websites and securing a link to your website.
- Unlinked mentions: Contacting websites that mention your brand but haven’t linked it yet.
- Broken link building: Finding broken links and contacting webmasters with alternative options.
- Relationship building: Finding relevant websites to build a link-building relationship.
7. Email Marketing Services
Email marketing is a great way to generate leads, get orders, receive feedback, and connect with your community via emails. If designed properly and executed professionally, email marketing can produce great returns for your business.
Digital agency services cover the whole gambit of email marketing right from drafting to sending. Some of the key areas that need to be focused on for email marketing include:
- Creating and growing an email list
- Implementing email marketing automation and flows
- Writing engaging emails and community-building
- Tracking email performances and reporting
- Working on cost-effective strategies for bigger email lists
Resources to Learn More About Email Marketing
8. Conversion Optimization Services
A data-driven digital marketing agency usually has a team of conversion optimizers whose job is to analyze your website and find ways to increase conversions without necessarily increasing your traffic.
Some of the conversion optimization services include:
- Conduct extensive and in-depth website analysis
- Gather feedback from visitors via polls, questionnaires, or interviews
- Identify sales funnel leaks based on feedback and analysis
- Implement changes to the website and landing pages to improve their effectiveness
- Conduct A/B tests by experimenting with CTAs, content, and landing pages
In all my years as a digital marketer, Conversion Optimization services have been one of the most challenging but also beneficial.
An experienced data-led agency or a CRO professional can surely help you achieve your conversion results.
9. Website Development Services
Any business today, offline or online, requires a digital presence. The website of your business becomes the first touch-point for any consumer. Visitors judge a company by its website layouts, content, design, performance, and organic ranking.
Thus, it becomes very important that your website is developed professionally and aesthetically to get the maximum traffic.
The process of building a website, front-end, and back-end, encompasses website development services. It is both a technical as well as consumer-centric job to develop a website that fulfills your business objectives.
The major areas where website developers from marketing agencies can help you are:
- Suggest the right CMS to build your website
- Plan and design the website wireframe in conjunction with your vision
- Develop sitemap, page layouts, and landing page designs
- Code your website as per the agreed plan and designs
- Conduct tests and reviews before launch to iron out any defects
- Continuously monitor and update the website as per changes and trends
10. Digital Marketing Training Services
Some agencies (including us), have a digital marketing academy offering digital marketing training for clients.
This is particularly useful for clients because it helps them become aware of all aspects of digital marketing and what it can offer to their business.
For academies, this is an additional source of income through the sale of online courses.
Resources to Learn More
The top digital marketing services are SEO Services, PPC Services, Social Media Marketing Services, Content Marketing Services, and Online Marketing Training Services.
How to Use This List:
- If you’re a business owner, you can use this list as your guide when outsourcing your digital marketing.
- If you’re an agency owner, a freelancer, or a digital marketing consultant, you can use the list to get an idea of services you can add to your offering to clients.
- If you’re thinking of starting your own digital marketing agency, you can use the list to guide you on what services you can offer to potential clients.